- Designing and developing Ruby on Rails web applications/webservices in an agile environment
- Working experience in using Jquery and D3 Experience in converting UI/UX design to HTML elements/assets
- Experience with SCRUM or equivalent Agile development methodologies
- A good understanding of usability and accessibility, including coding to WAI standards
- Maintaining and troubleshooting existing web applications.
- Writing and maintaining reliable Ruby code.
- Integrating data storage solutions.
- Creating back-end components.
- Identifying and fixing bottlenecks and bugs.
- Integrating user-facing elements designed by the front-end team.
- Connecting applications with additional web servers.
- Maintaining APIs.
Ruby on Rails Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- Must have more than 6 months+ in depth experience in Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with ruby on rails as well as libraries like Resque and RSpec.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to write clean ruby code.
- Proficiency with code versioning tools including Git, Github, SVN, and Mercurial.
- Understanding of web services technologies such as REST is required.
- Good experience and understanding of continuous integration and deployment process.
- Knowledge in working with AWS or other cloud platform
- Experience in working with limited direction while exceeding delivery expectations.
- Experience with AngularJS or ReactJS.
- Familiarity with MVC, Mocking, RESTful, and ORM.
- Knowledge of server-side templating languages including Slim and Liquid.
- Familiarity with testing tools.
- Interest in learning new technologies
Skills - Ruby, Ruby on Rails, J ruby (optional) R Stalk, Docker